You've been thinking about selling your home, and want to get it ready so it will sell quickly. I want to share some tips on what NOT to do to help you sell.
1. Wallpaper: Wallpaper is making a comeback from many years ago. But unless you are planning on staying in your home for a period of time, do not hang wallpaper. Wallpaper is too personal a choice. It can be stunning in a small space, or on one accent wall, but it will not stay in style, and will turn off many potential buyers.
2. Permanently Convert a Bedroom: Every bedroom can bump your listing and bring you additional $$. If you convert a bedroom to a giant walk in closet, you reduce your sale income. Instead, stage that small bedroom with a trundle bed or simple office area to allow buyers to visualize their own usage.
3. Custom Window Treatments: Hanging custom window treatments can be very expensive, and unless they are neutral, they can turn off a buyer as they are a personal choice. A simple neutral toned quality blind is a better choice for a quick sale.
4. Built in Shelving: I love built in shelving but it is expensive, and it can be placed in the wrong area for your potential buyer. If furniture placement is important to your buyer, shelving in the wrong area will kill the deal. If you have existing shelving, staging it for visual appeal is crucial.
5. Painting Kitchen Cabinets: There are so many cool colors to paint your basic kitchen cabinets to make your kitchen POP with personality. But the bolder the choice, the fewer people will like it. Instead, pick a neutral or white with a shine. White kitchens with a stone backsplash (easy to install), and updated hardware will give your kitchen a fresh look and kitchens are always a selling point. If you already have good quality cabinets, don't paint them!
6. Wall to Wall Carpet: Your carpet is in bad shape, and you are thinking of replacing it for a quick sale. Don't! Instead, install a hardwood floor or good quality laminate. Buyers are looking for wood floors. Use an area rug to warm up the space.
7. Clean the Yard. The first impression is always the most important. How many times have buyers decided not to go in a home because there isn't curb appeal. Don't forget to clean up the yard, get rid of any clutter, and spruce up the front. Paint the front door if needed, and change out the entrance light and door hardware. Let's get them in the door!
Ready to sell? Don't forget furniture placement and decluttering. Want suggestions to stage your home for a quick sale? Let's get together - I will give you suggestions to bring out the buyer appeal for your home. After all, once you decide to sell, you want it to be as fast as possible.
Call Jaycie Marich at Realty Executives 909-584-2202 for a personal listing appointment.
Visit my website at jaycie.bigbearexecutives.com or text jaycie to 909-547-3712
Author:Jaycie Marich Phone: 714-883-1195 Dated: November 3rd 2015 Views: 1,153 About Jaycie: Big Bear! Biking, hiking, skiing, boating, fishing, fun in the snow, beautiful mountains and of cou...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Big Bear! Biking, hiking, skiing, boating, fishing, fun in the snow, beautiful mountains and of course Big Bear Lake. These are all great reasons to live in the Big Bear Valley. For over 16 years I have called Big Bear home, and I would like to share my passion with you. Would you like to be able to get away on the weekends, or live full time in Paradise? It would be my pleasure to help you find the home of your dreams at a great price and the right location.
My experience as a business owner for over 23 years allows me to utilize my strong customer service skills to benefit you. I will put my knowledge and expertise to work for you and negotiate the best price for your new home. Are you ready to sell your home? We will find the right buyer for you and get you the best value possible. If you are looking for income property, I will share my knowledge as a Property Manager. My Real Estate Team has over 55 years of excellent personalized service.
I am a dedicated full time Realtor, and problem solver, committed to professionally finding the solutions to a successful purchase or sale of your home. I will be available to you, and work hard, keep in contact throughout the process, address your questions or concerns, and build a relationship of trust and respect. What does your perfect home look like? Do you want a secluded home in the forest, lakefront property, views of the lake, or be near ski slopes? Whether you want a family vacation home, a full time residence, or income property, it will be my pleasure to help you find the perfect home of your dreams!